Blueberry Cream Cheese Crescent Bites
Blueberry Cream Cheese Crescent Bites are crescent rolls filled, rolled, and baked with a cheesecake filling and fresh blueberries. If these sound good to you, be sure to try my Blueberry Cream Cheese Bars. Blueberry Cream Cheese Crescent Bites These fruity bites are the perfect way to start your day or grab on the go ...
Blueberry Cream Cheese Crescent Bites are crescent rolls filled, rolled, and baked with a cheesecake filling and fresh blueberries. If these sound good to you, be sure to try my Blueberry Cream Cheese Bars.
Blueberry Cream Cheese Crescent Bites
These fruity bites are the perfect way to start your day or grab on the go and are filled with fresh blueberries. I topped the blueberry cream cheese crescent bites with confectioners’ sugar for some added sweetness. They are easy to put together and would be wonderful filled with your favorite fresh berries if you don’t have blueberries on hand.
Blueberry Cream Cheese Crescent Bites Ingredients
Cream Cheese: Be sure the cream cheese is at room temperature before mixing it with the sugar and lemon juice. If you forgot to take out the cream cheese, completely unwrap it, place the block of cheese on a microwave-safe plate, and microwave for 15 seconds.
Sugar: Use granulated sugar for the cheesecake mixture.
Lemon Juice: Yes, lemon juice is important when making the cheesecake center. It helps the mixture stay together and gives it a thicker texture. No, you will not taste the lemon.
Crescent Rolls: I used two tubes (8 ounces each) of crescent rolls. This made 16 crescent bites.
Blueberries: Fresh blueberries are best in this recipe. You could also use other fresh berries in place of blueberries, or even a combination of berries.
Confectioners’ Sugar: Sprinkling the tops of the baked crescent bites with confectioners’ sugar added a bit of sweetness to the bites.
How to Make Blueberry Cream Cheese Crescent Bites
The first thing to prepare in this blueberry cream cheese crescent bites recipe is the cheesecake filling. To do this, simply use a handheld mixer to cream together the cream cheese, granulated sugar, and lemon juice. Mix until light and fluffy, but be careful to not overmix.
Once the cheesecake mixture is ready, unroll the crescent roll dough and separate the sheets of dough into triangles. Place the triangles on lined baking sheets. To each triangle, add about a teaspoon of the cream cheese mixture to the center of the dough. Then, divide the blueberries evenly between the 16 triangles, on top of the cheesecake mixture.
Starting with the long edge, roll up each triangle, gently pressing the tips of the dough to seal in the cheesecake and blueberries. Bake for 9-10 minutes, or until golden brown. Let them rest for about 5 minutes before sprinkling confectioners’ sugar over each crescent roll. Enjoy!
Can I Make these Ahead of Time?
To make this recipe even quicker to put together, you could make the cream cheese mixture the night before. Then, in the morning, you just need to fill and roll each crescent roll triangle and bake. The baked crescent bites could sit out at room temperature for a few hours; beyond that, store them in the refrigerator.
Looking for More Blueberry Recipes?
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ cup (100g) granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 cup fresh blueberries, divided
- confectioners' sugar, for topping
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- To a medium bowl, add cream cheese, sugar, and lemon juice. Using a handheld mixer, mix until creamy.
- Separate crescent rolls along the perforated edges. Place each triangle of dough flat on the parchment-lined pan.
- Top each triangle with about a teaspoon of the cream cheese mixture. Divide blueberries evenly between each of the triangles.
- Starting with the long edge, roll up the triangle. Gently press the tip of the crescent dough to seal.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Let rolls cool for 5 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar and enjoy!